Monday, April 21, 2014

A Final Spring Fling

I didn't get here to wish you all a Happy Easter.  I hope you had a joyous day.  I did! 

I thought I would show you one last bunny before I move on to Halloween.  (Yes, you read that right! HALLOWEEN!  I have SIX big shows planned for fall, so I need to start cranking out the spooks!)

Here is one of my favorite bunnies:

 
Isn't she lovely?  I have a thing about these fluffy tutu dresses!  This one is made from pale pink sparkle tulle and tied with a pink satin ribbon.  (I should have used a different colored background for my pictures, because it doesn't show up as well as I would like it to.)


I added pink Swarovski crystals to her clay bodice and crepe paper for her collar.  I just love the pink fabric flowers she is holding.  They are vintage flowers I got from my friend Marian.  (When I was visiting her in February, she let me 'shop' her stash for things I could use in my work! What a terrific friend!  She has an AWESOME stash!!)
 
 
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am SOOO ready for spring!  The grass is finally getting green.  The tulips are blooming.  Our lilac bush is full of buds and will be gorgeous very soon.  The trees are about ready to pop.  YAY!! 
 
It seems silly to be so excited about spring, but ready to move on to fall/Halloween, winter/Christmas art!  But that's the way it is in my biz....always a season or two ahead (or you are playing desperate catch-up in crunch time!)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa


8 comments:

  1. Awe Lisa, your bunny is too sweet! She is just adorable! Love the pretty color of pink on her! I am so with you on Halloween. You should be my house. Halloween is spilling out of the studio and invading all spaces! Hugs, LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could drop by and see all your new creations! I'm sure you are really excited to do that Seattle show! I might try to work that in my schedule next year.....Can't wait to hear all about it an to get some sneak peeks of your work on your blog!

      Delete
  2. She is adorable! I am dying for winter to move along -- I am hoping it's finished for the season. Things are getting green and bulbs are popping out of the ground here also.
    Looking forward to your Halloween pieces soon to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This winter really dragged on, so I think we are all ready for a touch of spring!
      I've already been making some Halloween pieces....a few I'm pretty sure you will like!

      Delete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like it here.

      Delete
  4. Love her pretty in pink dress. She has such a cute little grin. I noticed your works have been in Art Doll. My daughter is going to be in this issue or next issue along with a friend. Looking forward to Halloween, I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! Thanks for stopping by. I have been honored to be in Art Doll a few times, and I will be again in the fall issue. What is your daughters name? I will keep an eye out for her work.

      Delete