Thursday, May 23, 2013

An Itch for a Witch

I've been itching to create new Halloween characters, but I'm in the middle of lots of 'non-work' work, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and go for it yet.  I'm hoping to get back to work really soon, because I have lots of fun spooks haunting my thoughts.  For now, I'm going to show you a witch I created last fall.  She never got a chance to be featured here on the blog, and she is still waiting for someone to claim her as their own.



 
 
Portia the Potion Master is wearing a black top, purple stockings and black boots all sculpted from polymer clay.  The boots are adorned with purple Swarovski crystals.  Her black and white skirt is hand-sewn from printed cotton and trimmed with a wide satin sash. I cut crepe paper for her fluffy collar.  Her tall witch hat is made out of paper and covered with black velvet.  A coordinating purple bow finishes the look.  Portia wears a pewter chain with a clear crystal charm.  She is carrying a tiny hand-sewn book with the ingredients for her toad potion handwritten on the pages.  A small glass bottle is filled with a sample of the potion.  I love the quirky look on her face and her big yellow-green eyes.  I used black curly wool roving for her wild hair.  Portia is fairly tall, at 7-3/4".
 
Stay tuned for more Halloween characters! 
 
Have a great day!
Lisa
 
P.S.--Potent Potions has been relisted in my etsy shop.


6 comments:

  1. What a cute little Witch!!! She is a wonderful creation Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's great Lisa!! My goodness, you have Halloween on your mind already...! I guess it will be here before you know it. Can't wait to see what other wonderful Halloween pieces you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy, I know! But if I don't get started soon I will be in trouble come show time this fall!

      Delete