Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Favorite--Garden Markers



Have you missed my Friday Favorite series?  I have!  I'm sorry I haven't gotten a favorite shop listed for the past couple of weeks.  I'm going to make up for that today by listing three different shops.  Switch things up a little bit.

So, it's spring, right?  Well, at least according to the calendar!  This year's weather has been nutso-crazy!  But the promise of warmer weather is out there, and soon everyone will be planting their gardens.  Today I thought I would show you three different etsy shops that make adorable garden markers. 

First up, Amy Lea 'n Me.  Amy makes these adorable garden markers with forks.  She embosses a colorful piece of clay (she doesn't say, but it appears to be polymer clay) with the name of a veggie or herb (she can also do flowers on request).  The pieces have been sealed so they are good to go out in the weather.  I love how colorful they are!

Pick 5-Vegetable and Herb Garden Markers
 
Pick 5-Vegetable and Herb Garden Markers
 
 
This listing is for a set of five, you pick the veggies you want, but she can do any quantity you want, just send her a message.
 
My next shop is Bowen Design.  Glen hand-draws a picture of the fruit, vegetable or herb on to all weather, non-fading vinyl and includes a dowel for sticking them in the ground.  I think the drawings are really nicely done--they sort of remind me of seed packets. 
 

Set of 15 Hand Drawn Garden Markers
 
Set of 15 Hand Drawn Garden Markers    Set of 15 Hand Drawn Garden Markers    
 
This listing is for 15 garden markers, and again, you get to choose which ones you want.
 
Our final stop is From Artisan Hands.  Barbara creates her garden markers by rolling a slab of stoneware and cutting it into a unique wedge shape.  They are then stamped, glazed and fired.  I think the colors are quite earthy and beautiful.
 
Veggie Garden Markers / Plant Stakes - A Set of 3 vegetable ceramic garden markers
 
Herb Garden Markers / Plant Stakes - A Set of 3 ceramic garden markers
 
Barbara sells her garden markers in sets of three, your choice of words and colors.  She offers a flat rate shipping if you want to order multiple sets (which of course you would!)
 
I hope you have enjoyed our trip to the garden shops today.  Which group of garden markers is your favorite?
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa



8 comments:

  1. All of these Garden Markers are wonderful and the ones that are created out of forks are very unique. My personal favorites are the ones from Artisan Hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard deciding which are my favorites! Thanks for stopping!

      Delete
  2. Love these garden markers!! Great features, thank you for sharing these shops with us!

    Well you are correct... The weather has been nutso-crazy!! We had strong winds, lots of rain and even snow flurries yesterday... It was freezing cold! We are also getting a lot of flooding here, all of the rivers are overflowing. I'm thinking it's going to skip right to hot humid weather without too many spring-like days... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Trina! I think you are right about the weather. We'll probably miss the lovely spring days and head straight to summer.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :) Love the garden markers!
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane! I love your work! I've had your shop in my etsy favorites for a while.
      Thank you for dropping by my blog! I hope you will come back soon!

      Delete
  4. These garden markers are so neat! I've been thinking about how I want to mark my garden this year. Since it is so large and I'm going to plant LOTS of different things, markers seems appropriate - I was thinking something along the DIY lines and these are great inspiration...or maybe I'll end up just ordering some from Artisan Hands - those are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would be interested in this post Good to know which ones are your favorites, since you have a few gift giving occasions coming up!

      Delete