Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Favorite #1--Robin Wade

There is so much WONDERFUL work on etsy.  Every day I'm amazed by the talent you can find on every page.  I'm always popping something into my favorites folder, and it's fun to go back from time to time and have a look at what I've saved.  It's kind of like when I used to bookmark pages in the JCPenney Christmas Wish Book when I was a kid. 

I've decided that on Fridays I'm going to pull something from my favorites folder and share it with you.  I have a wide variety of items, mediums and artists saved, so these posts will be very diverse and more often than not, having nothing to do with polymer clay. 

Today I'm going to share a fabulous jeweler with you.  Robin Wade makes the most interesting angels from silver and other objects.  Each wonderfully detailed piece has a very precious story behind it.  I LOVE her work so much that I purchased this one for my BFF Marian for Christmas last year:

Angels Margo and Mia Embrace To Fly - Re-purposed Sterling Silver And PMC - Pendant - 520

Marian is an amazing friend and has helped me through some very difficult times in my life.  Without her, I don't know what I would have done.  I really liked this particular angel from the first look, but it was this quote and story that inspired me to click the button to buy this one:

"We are all but angels with one wing and only by embracing each other can we fly." Luciano DeCrescerizo

Angels Margo and Mia are full of love and light. Life can sometimes be difficult so both pull together and support each other through the ups and downs. Margo and Mia can remind us that by asking for help and embracing each other we all have the ability to fly.   


Isn't that a fitting sentiment for a wonderful friend? I thought it was perfect! 

Robin has so many fabulous pieces in her etsy shop, robinwade, that it was extremely difficult to choose a few to show you here.  You could close your eyes and click and be certain to find something wonderful.  But here are a few of my very favorites:


Angel Havannah Is Feeling More At Home - Re-purposed Sterling, Brass, And PMC - Art Jewelry Pendant - 747

Angel Havannah

Angel Bailey Is Blossoming - Pendant - 475

Angel Baily

Angel Stevie Has A Heart Of Steel - Pendant - 254

Angel Stevie

Angel Emma Feels Energized - Art Jewelry Pendant - Repurposed Sterling, A Typewriter Key, And PMC - 758

Angel Emma

Angel Barlow Celebrates Living - Repurposed Sterling, Bingo Piece, And PMC - Art Jewelry Pendant - 693

Angel Barlow

PLEASE take a minute to go look at Robin's work.  You will be completely enchanted!

Have a blessed day!
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words and for featuring my work on your new blog!! It is awesome to see my pieces here and I look forward to checking out the next artists on your "Friday feature". Great idea and it is such a great way to support others. Thank you. Thank you.
    light and warmth... Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, it is my pleasure to feature your work! You are such a talented artist and my friend truly does love the Margo and Mia piece I gave her! Thank YOU for providing such wonderful work to feature!

      Delete
  2. I am beyond blessed to have a kind, fun, loyal and talented friend like Lisa. Everything she said about me is also true of her. I only hope that each of you has wonderful friendship like we share. Receiving the very cool and touching necklace was a fantastic bonus! Robin Wade does spectacular work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marian! I agree---I think everyone deserves to have a friendship like ours! We are truly blessed!

      Delete