A little story about these two guys. I sculpted them completely, baked the clay, and was going to start doing all the fun stuff, and I realized that the pumpkin heads I had made were much too small. Luckily, I always bake the heads separately, so they were not already attached. A problem easily solved by making two new pumpkin heads.
So I had two random heads lying around, and I couldn't let those go to waste, so I sculpted two more figures in a better proportion to those heads. Here is the end result of that 'mistake':
(She happens to be my favorite of these four!)
This is just a little lesson in turning a mistake into something wonderful. Sometimes you do have to do a little extra work (making new heads for the big boys) to get it right, but in the end it is worth the effort.
Now, back to work.....less than a month until my first local craft show! YIKES!! I've got so much to do.....
Thanks again for stopping by!
For more details and more photos of these four Pumpkin Heads, go to my etsy shop.