Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy OWL-O-WEEN!!

What is it about owls?  They are everywhere!  Cute owls, not-so-cute owls, scary owls, realistic owls, stylized owls.  OWLS OWLS OWLS!! 

Well, of course, that makes ME want to make OWLS!  So I have added these two to my Halloween collection for 2013.  What do you think?



 
 
These two adorable owls are all dressed up for trick-or-treating.  The brown owl wears a green tunic trimmed with black crepe paper, pompoms and flocked rick rack.  He has a matching wool felt hat and he carries a little jack-o-lantern bucked filled with treats.  The tawny grey owl is dressed in an orange tunic trimmed with white crepe paper, pompoms and tiny pompom fringe.  Her hat is orange with a white pompom.  She carries a little skull bucket filled with candy corn. 
 
 Both of these owls are listed in my etsy shop, A Piece of Lisa. 
 
I've been working on Christmas/Winter items for the past couple of weeks.  I'll be unveiling some of those pieces soon, so stay tuned!  In the meantime, Happy Haunting!
Lisa


8 comments:

  1. So ADORABLE! I'm running out of superlatives for your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my most vocal champion and I do appreciate that!

      Delete
  2. Lisa wish you could come so I could meet you. Hope you do really good at your show .Will take a lot of pictures and put on the net. love your little owls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debb! It would be fun if all of the Witches of Giggleswick could get together face to face some time....Have a great show!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work..!! and I like the girly one slightly more..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I agree....I like the girly one best too!

      Delete
  4. This is a very fun twist on a Halloween character. I can't imagine them not selling together as they are quite the pair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love making Halloween characters, because there are so many fun things you can do!

      Delete