Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Favorite #8--ZipPinning

Today I am taking you to ZipPinning, a wonderful little shop full of charming flowers made from zippers.

I love these colorful flowers!  How fun are they?  These are actually brooches, but I can think of other things you could do with them as well.  Attach one to a purse.  Pin them to a pillow.  Adorn a gift.  Use them in a unique floral arrangement.  I could go on.  They are just so darling! 

I had a hard time narrowing down my choices to just five or six, because there are so many wonderful color combinations.  Go have a look for yourself.  I'm sure you will find one you love.

Red and Apricot Abstract Floral Brooch / Zipper Pin by ZipPinning - 2217


Magenta and Teal Floral Brooch / Zipper Pin by ZipPinning 2134


Turquoise Spiral Floral Brooch / Zipper Pin by ZipPinning 2151


Bright Orange and Hot Pink Floral Brooch / Zipper Pin by ZipPinning 2159


Purple and Lavender Floral Brooch / Zipper Pin by ZipPinning 2175


Old Gold / Mustard and Bright Turquoise Floral Brooch / Zipper Pin by ZipPinning 2098


Don't you think these are really unique?  I do!  I hope you will go and check out ZipPinning.

Zip-a-dee-do-dah!
(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, I love these! I would love to have a whole bouquet!

      Delete
  2. These are just too fun! Of course the purple one is my favorite! I too would like to have a whole bouquet.

    Thank you for bringing this stuff to us. I don't spent any time on Etsy, though I think I should, because I'm already on the computer far too much as it is. When you point out some of your favorite stuff it reminds me of this wonderful place to shop for unique, hand-made, beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you have big plans in your future, you really should get on etsy. They have a whole new section on weddings.....all sorts of things: decorations, cake toppers, even dresses! You really need to give it a look! It could be very inspiring!

      Delete
  3. I think I have these in my Etsy favorites. Nothing I love better than a completely unexpected use of a common material. Zippers are a big design component of current fashion but this is the most creative use I've seen. Another winner, Lisa! You're really good at featuring the most interesting artisans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, like to see things used in an unexpected way. It never ceases to amaze me, the extent of people's creativity.

      Delete