Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Favorite--Swan Quarter House

I want to try to get back on my Friday Favorites routine.  I might not get here every week with one, but hopefully at least a couple times a month. 

I know many of you are not quite in the Halloween frame of mind yet, so maybe this is going to seem a bit premature to you.  I, however, have been seriously engrossed in Halloween since the 4th of July holiday was over, so it seems normal to me.  Either way, I hope you enjoy this adorable shop I'm showing you today.

Swan Quarter House is full of delightful needle felted sculptures, inspired by vintage holiday decorations, but with a touch of modern whimsy.  I think Jodi's work is fabulous.  There is something about her whimsical touch that hits really close to home.  She adds the same sort of little playful details that I strive for in my work. 

I've chosen a few Halloween pieces to feature here, but trust me, Jodi has lots of other adorable items in her etsy shop.  I love many of her Christmas things as well. 

Halloween Black Wizard cat Kitten wool needlefelted mercury glass beads orange tin pumpkin  tinsel Trick or Treat - Trickster

11-1/2" Halloween Black White Kitten wool needlefelted Cat sign orange and black tinsel mercury glass glass eyes Trick or Treat - Pookie
 
10" Halloween Bunny Rabbit wool needle felted glass eyes orange mercury glass black tinsel Trick or Treat - Brothers Boo
 
Halloween 12-1/2" Black Kitten wool needlefelted Cat sign orange and black tinsel buttons Trick or Treat - Blackie
 
And because I couldn't resist showing one of her Christmas pieces after all....
 
Christmas King Charles Cocker Spaniel Puppy Dog brown white tan chenille mercury glass needle felted mohair - Bitsie
 
Aren't these all just as cute as can be?  I hope you will all take a minute to go check out Jodi's adorable creations in Swan Quarter House
 
More Halloween work for me today!  YAY!
Have a great weekend!
Lisa
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm glad you're getting back to your Friday Favorite's -- you discover some of the greatest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so adorable!!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful artist with us! Off to check out her shop!

    ReplyDelete