Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Zombie and Ghost

After I made the Zombie cheerleader, I thought I should do at least one boy version of a zombie.  I had a lot of fun making her ugly/cute face.  This guy was just as much fun as the cheerleader, though I maybe not so clever. 

 
He is dressed in too-short black pants and a grey and black striped shirt, all sculpted from clay.  Somewhere along the way, he lost his shoes!  But he picked up a little friend along the way.  The ghost has a head made from clay, and then I draped him with cheesecloth and tied it with a bit of baker's twine.  I soaked the whole thing in some watered down black paint to give it an aged appearance.

 
He has a skull-and-crossbones belt buckle and a crepe paper collar.

 
A detail of his face.  He has creepy eyes that are rimmed in red and I gave his pale flesh a wash of black paint to give him that fresh-from-the-grave look.  He has a wild bit of black wool roving hair.
 
Those of you who are drawn to the cuter side of Halloween probably won't be to taken with these zombies.  But I think they are sort of fun and different.
 
You can find Zombie and Ghost in my etsy shop.
 
Stay tuned!  More fabulous Halloween spooks are coming!
Lisa


1 comment:

  1. His eyes kill me! They immediately caught my eye. Another GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete