Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Candy

I just now listed this adorable little girl in my etsy shop.  Isn't she cute?

 
Her name is Candy, and her favorite thing in the world is candy corn.  She likes to have a little bucket of it with her wherever she goes. 
 
 
Her favorite dress looks like a big piece of candy corn.  It is sculpted from orange clay with an orange wool felt skirt trimmed with yellow and orange grosgrain ribbon.  I used a vintage button and added a Swarovski crystal to give it some sparkle.  Her collar is made from crepe paper.
 
 
Doesn't she have the sweetest face?  I love her big brown eyes!  I debated about her hair color--blond, strawberry blond, or brown.  In the end, my husband and I agreed that the brown looked more like fall.  I tucked a little white satin ribbon rose in her hair as a finishing touch.
 
I created Candy as a Halloween doll, but why couldn't you leave her out all year?  At least through the fall season, up until Christmas.
 
My dad always loved candy corn--BRACHS candy corn, to be specific.  Every time I see it or eat it, I think of him.  I only buy it in the fall, when I know it's fresh and yummy.  It just says 'fall' to me.  YUM! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment