Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Holiday Crafts Magazine

I have been BURSTING with anticipation!  I'm so excited about this news I am about to share with you, I can barely contain my glee!

MY WORK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED IN A MAGAZINE!!  I have a project featured in Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts 2012!  WOOHOO!!

Way back in JANUARY I was contacted by a representative of the magazine asking if I would be interested in having my four quirky snowman face ornaments featured in this year's issue.  Well, DUH!  Yes, of course I would!  This is a first for me, and I was beside myself with excitement.  I had to rush a set of the ornaments off to them immediately.  And then I had to wait.  And wait.  And wait some more.

But, Oh! was it worth the wait!  I received my copy of the magazine about ten days ago, and this is the amazing feature I was greeted with:


Don't my little snowmen look AMAZING?  They mounted them on patterned paper and framed them, as an alternative to hanging them on a tree.  Very clever!  I am so pleased with how they look!

Since this is a how-to magazine, the ornaments are also featured on this page with instructions on how to make them:


Here's another view of the two pages:



I know, I know.  They sent me ONE magazine.  I have since bought 3 more issues!  I mailed one to my Mom today.  Not sure why I need 3 copies for myself, but I will think of a reason soon! HA!

If you are heading out to find a copy, here is what you need to look for:


It's actually a really great magazine with over 100 very nice projects for Christmas and Halloween.  And it is a real bargain at only $5.99!  If you are crafty at all, you might want to go out and grab a copy.

Normally I don't give out my 'secrets' on how to make my items, but this was such a HUGE opportunity I absolutely could not pass it up!  These ornaments are actually quite easy to make, and probably some of my most simple work.  But if you are not inclined to make your own set, I have them available in my etsy shop.


Whew!  I am soooo glad I was finally able to share this with you all! 

Have a great day!
Lisa

PS--Jay Wilde is the photographer who did such an amazing job taking the pictures for the magazine.  I apologize for the not-so-great quality of my pictures.  Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a photograph?!






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lisa!! Well deserved, your snowmen are adorable and look wonderful in the magazine! How awesome is that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Trina! It is such an honor! I about passed out when I got the email :D

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you Lisa! I have my copy sitting next to me. It's a BIG DEAL to have your work selected to be featured in a major publication and I can't think of anyone more deserving!This is a BIG DEAL and I am so proud of you and thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marian! I can always count on you for enthusiam and support. It IS pretty exciting, isn't it?

      Delete