Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summertime Angel

Over the years I have made countless angels.  I started with Christmas angels, and from there it sort of snowballed into angels for all seasons and any occasion.

To appeal to the many angel collectors, and to the collectors of my miniature figurines, I kept the style of each angel the same.  They all wear the same lacy white dress, have the same short curly blond hair, and the same bronze metallic wings.  Each one holds something that makes her unique---anything from a Christmas wreath, to a string of Valentine hearts, to an Easter basket. 

But what says 'summer' better than a big ol' slice of watermelon?  (And perhaps a sunflower?)  How about both? 

Here is Summertime Angel.




Angel has just taken a big bite of her favorite summertime treat, when a little bird dropped by to see if she would share the seeds. 

I hope you all are enjoying your summer.  I can't believe it's July already!  We've been in the midst of the awful heat wave that has socked the middle of the country, so many of my days have been spent tucked inside enjoying the wonderful air conditioning and avoiding Omaha's oppressive humidity.  Hopefully the heat will let up a bit so I can do something outdoors soon.  What's the point of summer if you're stuck inside all the time?

Stay cool!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment