Wednesday, July 18, 2012

100 Degrees and Snowing

I like summer.  I really do.  But this is ridiculous!  Omaha has been stuck in a heat wave, like much of the country, and it's been unbearably miserable.  Not only do we get temperatures in the high 90s and 100s, we get the added bonus of humidity, so it seems hotter than it really is.  Yesterdays high: 103.  Add in the humidity and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of, oh, about 1003.  Anyway.  Not much we can do about it, right? 

Since I can't tolerate being outside is this oppressive heat for very long periods of time, I have taken to my studio.  I have so much work to do to prepare for my upcoming busy holiday season that I don't feel like I'm missing out on much by staying inside all day. 

I've tried to beat the heat by thinking snow....in this case snowmen.  I've spent the last several days making these fun little guys, and thought I would give you all a sneak peak today.  Maybe they will cool you off a bit.





I hope you are all finding a way to beat the heat.  As for me, I'll just keep working....

Stay cool!
Lisa


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys! Almost as much as I love the one that I got for Christmas last year. How FUN!!! I'm having trouble picking my favorite but I think I'll go with the one with the green scarf...just because the coloring is different from what I expected. But really, they are all wonderful!

    Hilary
    SimplyEclecticLife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all too! I think the one in purple might be my favorite....but it's too soon to tell! It changes every time I make a new one! Having fun with them though!

      Delete